2023 CRITICAL PARTICIPATORY ACTION RESEARCH SUMMER INTENSIVE
May 31 – June 3, 2023
Over the course of 4 days we will immerse ourselves in the theory, methods, and ethics of critical participatory action research, engaging large and small group discussions with experienced researchers. Participants will be introduced to the necessary skills and knowledge to integrate a critical PAR approach into their scholarship, research, and/or organizing. This year we especially encourage applications from teams of graduate students, faculty, and members of community based organizations that have projects that are ongoing or that they wish to develop.
THE CPAR SUMMER INTENSIVE COVERS:
- The history, theory, methods, & ethics of critical PAR
- Building partnerships with communities and community based organizations
- Creating conditions for creating meaningful collaboration within research collectives
- Designing critical participatory research with IRBs and community review boards
- Participatory approaches to methods and analysis: mapping, community-generated surveys, interviews, focus groups
- Engaging the arts and performance as research tools
- Advance current projects
- Develop new research ideas in a community of peers and experienced critical PAR researchers (both university & community based)
- Join a diverse international network of critical participatory action researchers
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The Critical PAR Intensive is designed to bring together geographically diverse participants from universities, communities, and community-based organizations. Participants have the best experience when apply with a research project to workshop. While we encourage research teams to apply together, individual graduate students, faculty, and community workers are also welcome.
Research teams that apply together must fill out a separate application for each team member.
The tuition is $1200 which includes a reception, breakfasts, and lunches. Limited scholarships available.