2022 CRITICAL PARTICIPATORY ACTION RESEARCH INSTITUTE
JUNE 7-10, 2022*
Over the course of the 4 days we will immerse ourselves in the theory, methods, and ethics of critical participatory action research, engaging large and small group discussions with experienced researchers. Participants will be introduced to the necessary skills and knowledge to integrate a critical PAR approach into their scholarship, research, and/or organizing. This year we are especially encouraging applications from graduate students, faculty, and members of community based organizations who have projects that are ongoing or that they wish to develop.
*PLEASE NOTE: We will make a decision closer to the June about whether the we gather in-person (following cdc recommended protocols for in person gatherings) or over Zoom.
THE CPAR SUMMER INTENSIVE COVERS:
- The history, theory, methods, & ethics of critical PAR
- Building partnerships with community & community based organizations
- Creating conditions for creating meaningful collaboration within research collectives
- Designing critical participatory research with IRBs & community review boards
- Participatory approaches to methods and analysis: mapping, community-generated surveys, interviews, focus groups
- Engaging the arts and performance as research tools
- Advance current projects & develop new research ideas in a community of peers and experienced critical PAR researchers (both university & community based)
- Join a diverse international network of critical participatory action researchers
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The tuition is $1200 with limited scholarships available, see application.